EPC Energy Performance Certificate
Premier Plumbing & Heating of Berwick upon Tweed, Northumberland have Domestic Energy Assessors available to produce the Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) required to qualify for Feed-in tariffs, the Renewable Heat Incentive, or to sell or rent your property.
What is an EPC?
An Energy Performance Certificate or EPC is a document which provides information on the energy efficiency of a building. The information on an EPC will include;
- A colour coded rating for the building from A (The most efficient) to G (The least efficient).
- What improvements could be made to the property to make it more efficient.
- The cost and savings of these improvements, and the rating after they have been carried out.
- How much energy is required to run and heat your property.
Why do I need an EPC?
There are several circumstances that could mean you require an EPC;
- If you are planning on selling or renting a property then you must have a valid EPC that is available to potential buyers or tenants.
- To prove that the property is above band D rating in order to qualify for Feed-in Tariff payments (FITS) at the higher rate for solar PV electricty generation.
- To Qualify for the domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) an EPC is required in order to prove that the property is a domestic dwelling and to calculate the qualifying energy requirement.
- If you are interested in finding out the efficiency of your home, and how it can be improved.
How much will it cost?
Premier Plumbing & Heating have fully qualified and accredited assessors available to carry out EPC’s on your property. We charge £65+vat per certificate, unless the building is unusually large, in which case the fee may be slightly higher, and will produce your certificate within 48hrs.
If you have a property in Berwick-upon-Tweed, Northumberland or the Scottish Borders area and require an EPC, contact Premier Plumbing & Heating on 01289 308469.